Thursday, June 21, 2012

An Open Letter to Texas


SHE SAYS:

Dear Texas,
I recently read that the man who beat the guy who molested his baby girl to death in you state will face no charges. You go, Texas! You got that one spot on right.
You know Texas, now that I think about it. I kinda like you. I hear the stars at night are big and bright down there.  You’ve, got great barbecue, cost of living is far cheaper than New York and I actually like line dancing.
It’s too bad you hate Black people. I mean the whole country hates Black people, but you take it to a whole other level. May I ask why? I mean do you just hate us because all of the people before you did?
There is so much I like about you Texas. Your weather is warm, your accent is sexy and so are your men. Texas you would be perfect if it weren’t for that whole hating Black people thing. Hey if you want to hate certain Black people, I’m all for that.  I have a list myself. How about we compare lists and wherever they cross we can agree that if those folk cross your border you can shoot them. Would that work for you Texas?
I really admire the fact that if you kill 15 people in Texas, Texas kills you and Fast! I really like that you schedule church services around football. Why wouldn’t Jesus be a Dallas Cowboys fan? In by 10, out by 12. Football kicks off at one. Touch down for the Lord!!
Don’t you see Texas? If you could just get over that whole hating my people thing we could make beautiful Country music together. Alas I’ve gone on too long and I don’t want to seem desperate, but if you ever get over your little problem, call me. I’d love to come and stay for a spell. Just think it over.

                                                                        Sincerely,
                                                      Black Girl from Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment